Sunday, May 28, 2017

On Our Way (JAN 30)

This evening we made the arduous journey from Marion to Boston by limousine.

We are now at the Hilton Hotel.  From our room, we have a nice view of the Boston skyline.
Today I received two interesting email messages, both of which could have induced some serious stress under other circumstances.

From JetBlue, I received a notice that their terminal was undergoing renovation. This was causing check-in delays. Were we not at a hotel across the street from the airport, arranging on such short notice to arrive earlier might have been problematic.

From the US State  Department, I received a notice that there has been a significant outbreak of Yellow Fever in Brazil, prompting a recommendation that people visiting the country be inoculated.  With the notice arriving less than six hours before we departed, happiness was having gotten the inoculation several years ago.

I am disinclined to open my email again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment